LOCATING CLIENTS IN CUSTODY
LOCATING CLIENTS IN PRISON
The fastest way to locate a California prison inmate is with the new Prison Locators search, available here
Prison Locators also has a telephone number for locating inmates: (916) 445-6713
The service is available Monday through Friday 8 am - 4:45 pm, except holidays. You must have either the inmate's CDRC number, or the inmate's full name and date of birth to receive information. The Inmate Locator/ID Warrants will provide an inmate's location, mailing addresses and relevant phone numbers. The Inmate Locator/ID Warrants will not provide any future release date information.
Please note that for new or transferring inmates it can take up to seven business days to update location information.
To locate an inmate incarcerated under California law but housed in an out-of-state prison, contact the COCF (California Out-of-State Correctional Facility) Unit at (916) 464-3762.
California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation: The CDCR Web site offers information about each of the California prisons including: the wardens, institution addresses, programs offered, security levels, and populations. For links to the individual prisons within the CDCR, click here.
Locating Clients in Federal Custody
- Federal Bureau of Prisons Inmate Locator
- United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Inmate Locator
LOCATING CLIENTS IN JAIL
- Imperial County Jails: On-line inmate information (Provided by V.I.N.E.)
- Orange County Jail: On-line booking information
- Public Information Telephone Numbers:
- Inmate Records (Central Jails) (714) 647-4666
- Inmate Records (Theo Lacy) (714) 935-6940
- City of Santa Ana Jail
- Riverside County Jail: On-line booking information
- San Bernardino County Jails: On-line inmate information (Must have name and DOB or booking number; if lacking this information, you can search VINELink for DOB)
- San Diego County Jails: On-line booking information
- CCAP Directory of Prisons and Other Detention Facilities(registration required)
- LOCATING JUVENILES INCARCERATED IN THE DIVISION OF JUVENILE JUSTICE
Contact the Ward Master File Unit at (916) 322-5690
Incarceration Facilities in California
Bureau of Prisons Offices (PDF)
California Community Correctional Facilities (PDF)
California County Jails (PDF)
California Prisons (PDF)
California State Mental Hospitals (PDF)
CDCR Conservation Camps (PDF)
CDCR Litigation Coordinators (external site link) - Contact to learn procedures of and arrange for out of the ordinary communication.